- Debunking the myth of inferior equipment claims- Great piece by Red Kite Prayer that goes along way to paint the picture of a whiney Tour champ.
- More proof that cheating will kill you- Would you kill yourself for better performance. The article also reminded me of the young Belgian pro who died in Quatar last year of mysterious causes...
- The future of computers- Can not complain about that being too bulky...or can you?
- Great interview with one of the pioneers of suspension in the bike industry- "I was very fortunate to be part of the team that was involved under Horst Leitner. But, since running Nicolai, I think that the G-BOXX has been my most innovative design so far." The Horst link arguably being the most innovative bike design to date, as it changed the landscape of suspension bikes- Interesting to note his perspective.
- Avatar- The hype is totally on the money (then it is no longer hype, right?) even though it is a bite on Pocahontas or "Dances with Wolves"....well worth the watch.
- The fight rages on. I am always somewhat amazed how something that is personal and private has become such a public battle.
- Carnivore only-Tips for grilling steak. Clif note edition: Wait for 10 minutes after cooking steak to get the best results in flavor. (Poached from the Unholy Rouleur- gracias.)
- Great story- Bike thieves beware...your daddy may not help you.
- China sold 12.7 million autos in calendar year 2009 (compared to the 10.4 million sales in America), the first time any country in the world has outsold the USA in a single year (source: Associated Press).
- Race season has started with the Tour Down Under- Who cares that Greipel has won a couple of stages when Armstrong tweeted and had 5,000 riders joining him in a bike ride.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
The weekly collection of notes and observations: